Monday, July 02, 2007

Good day, better week? We will see!

Today has started off well rested. I had a good sleep last night. I have eaten both breakfast and lunch, and kept it dowm. The GI site is hardly draining now, so this in itself is a bonus. Had blood drawn this morning, and she got the vein first time.
I know the doctors have plans for xray, ultrasound and adjustments of my tube planned for tomorrow. So if all goes as planned, when the tube is tightened it should stop leaking stomach fluids and "farting", ( I hate this, the hole in my stomach is literally farting the gas out of my stomach....it is so disgusting)the ultrasound will show if the absess is gone or not, and the xray will show the contents of my bowels. We need to start using the tube again, and once this is all done. I should be able to go home.
What does going home mean to me. Life! My husband David has been amazing. I have seen a side of him that I never expected to see. He had no choice but to be mom, dad and provider to the kids. Housework, responsibilities, all his. He was over loaded at first but seems to be adjusting very well. I AM SO PROUD of him! I love him.
I will get to see our kids. God only knows how hard this has been to be away from them. I can get back to work....life in general. I never thought I would here myself say this but I even look forward to doing laundry. I know I will regret putting that in print.See all my freinds and family that have been so supportive over the last 5 weeks in hospital. I will keep you posted on how tomorrow goes!